Sunday, June 21, 2009

Proton Exora is The New Proton MPV’s Name

Salam and hello all. I think most of you already know about this new Proton MPV which will be launched this April 2009. I don’t really know what’s the point Proton told the media about the name of this new MPV earlier than the launch date, for promotion purposes probably? Or just a teaser? Whatever it is, a bit sad to hear that this new Proton MPV which now can be called Proton Exora will only be powered by 1.6 engine. Hello?! Come on Proton, your Proton Waja is already using 1.6 engine and for MPV also want to use the same engine? What do you expect?

By announcing this news yesterday, it means all the rumors that said this new Proton Exora will be using 1.8 engine are totally wrong and the price which expected around RM80k maybe will be less. So, what do you think? For me 1.6 engine is not so suitable for such a MPV that will carry at least 8 peoples inside it. I don’t know how to explain technically but the rough idea in my mind, a MPV at least should use 1.8 engine instead of 1.6 engine.

I don’t want to comment much, but from what others has commented in this entry, I can say that many people will be disappointed after Proton has announced some details of this Proton Exora.

p/s: I’ve changed my mind to recommend this MPV to my dad. :(
p/p/s: Who wins the contest “Namakan Proton MPV” that has been organized by Proton last time? Haha.

0 comments: